Pages

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Michigan Country Rockin' at The Intersection with Tyler Farr...



Hey hey, friends!

In February I traveled up to Michigan to open for Tyler Farr at one of my favorite, favorite venues in all the land, The Intersection in Grand Rapids, MI.

I have played some of my most memorable shows on The Intersection's stage and it had been a little bit since I'd played there. It was the best homecoming! It felt so good to play that stage again.

_____________________


I also got to rock one of my new favorite hair/makeup combos. Hillary at Cheeky Strut did a supa rad braid and twist situation with my hair and I loved it! Kelsie killed it doing my makeup too. It is the coolest thing getting to try out new looks and fun styles for my shows, thanks to the creative visions of these gals. I feel so lucky to have such talented people create new looks and makeup styles. The added confidence I have on stage because of these fun looks is such a bonus. Sometimes I don't even think they know how much extra confidence they add to my shows each time I get to have them doll me up. Honestly, I can't stress enough how awesome and talented they are. If you're looking for something new and fresh to try out with your look, need to find the perfect hair and/or makeup product or just want to get dolled up for the day, I highly recommend Cheeky Strut and Siren and Proper in Grand Rapids, MI. Check em' out y'all!

_____________________

I left Nashville the day before the show and sort of packed my bags in about 20 minutes. Though this particular show came up a little last minute, the whole packing 20 minutes before I leave thing is a habit I seriously need to break. Mostly because I get to where I'm going and then realize I've forgotten about 37 things. This trip, it was an outfit for the show that I forgot to pack. 

Hmm, kinda important.

So, the morning of the show I made a quick trip to the mall in search of an outfit and I had about 30 minutes to make it happen. Luckily, I did find the perfect dress. It was right up my alley being black, incorporating lace and having a unique design. I'm a little glad I waited until the last minute on this one. Unfortunately it doesn't always work out with way...so yes, I do need to commit to packing AT LEAST the day before for the road from now on...or like at least a few hours before I leave...like maybe at least an hour before I leave. (p.s - i hate packing)

Outfit details are below!


Dress: Forever 21 - Find it HERE

Boots: H&M (These boots rule. I wear them ALL THE TIME) 

Earrings: These are the same earrings I wore in the Sweetheart Music Video. I got them at Forever 21 (a year ago though). 


_____________________


Soundcheck...check. 
  

KLB backstage about 10 minutes before show time. Pretty darn thankful for these cats. 


Here we go!


Big thanks to Kristen's Flashback Photography for capturing and sharing some of her photos!



Y'all were a FANTASTIC crowd. The guys and I were talking afterward about how that was one of the most fun shows we've played in a while and y'all were a huge part of why that was. The sound crew at The Intersection were exceptional as well (another reason we love playing here so much, they are awesome). Thanks all around to The Intersection, sound and stage crew, Tyler Farr and crew for having us out and the crowd for having ALL the energy and showing us so much love! Y'all made it a phenomenal night. 



Packed house!
_____________________

I got to hang out and meet so many of you after the show AND I got to see tons of familiar faces. I say this all the time and I'll never stop saying it...meeting, chatting and connecting with y'all at my shows is one of the very best things about what I get to do for a living. If I ever do not come out after a show or there isn't a meet and greet before the show, there will be a very good reason for it and it will almost certainly NOT be by my choice. Loved chatting with y'all at this show!


How awesome are these guys for grabbin' a couple of my pink 'Don't Lose Your Sweet Heart' T-shirts at the show and sporting them for the rest of the night? 


Guys, this is DEAN-O and he has been a HUGE encourager of my music since I started releasing music to radio way back in 2010-ish. He currently spins my songs on 96.7 The Bull and I'm so thankful for his support and friendship. Thank you for everything DEAN-O!


Speaking of amazing, encouraging and supportive people, can we just take a minute to talk about how much Jaimie and I LOVE B93's Britta?! If you've met Britta, you know why we love her so much. She is an absolute GEM and we're always so happy to see her at shows and events. Thanks for being your sparkly, spunky, kind and beautiful self Britta! I missed the adorable kissy face memo guys...sorry.


Let's just keep this love train a rollin' :) 

I get to have my best friend as a tour manager...how rad is that?! If you have been to a show, you've probably seen Jaimie behind the merchandise table, backstage, out in the crowd and basically ANYWHERE & EVERYWHERE at every venue and show we play. She is usually working her tail off taking photos, helping the band, selling merch and running around to make sure we have a great show. She is a jack of all trades and I do not tell her often enough how lucky I am to have her in my corner throughout all the craziness. Next time you see her at the show, tell her she's awesome and give her a high five, ok? 

_____________________

I already CAN'T wait to get back up to Michigan and play again. We've got some fun shows booked this summer up north. Check out our SHOW DATES and stay tuned for some supa sweet announcements coming soon too!

Thanks for reading y'all. 


Nothin' but love



xo - Kari







No comments:

Post a Comment